ANOTHER IT CO
Other Notes About DataStage
Following are other things I have discovered about DataStage:
If you have any additions for this page, email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In my opinion, DataStage is a great ETL tool, but any tool is only as good as its support. IBM provides great customer support.
- When installing DataStage, plan the location of the project and UVTEMP directories.
- When you create a routine in DataStage, it is cataloged in Universe with the prefix "DSU." followed by the routine name.
- Output to a hash file writes a row (a Universe write). It does not update individual columns (a Universe writev). Non-key columns are written as sequential hash file fields (e.g. the first non-key column is field 1, the second is field 2, ...).
- The TCL command "CONFIG ALL" displays the current value of all uvconfig parameters.
- The TCL command "ANALYZE.SHM -d" displays the contents of the Universe dynamic file descriptor table.
- The &PH& folder fills over time. You may notice that the time between when a job says it is finishing, and when
it actually ends, increases. This may be a symptom of a too full &PH& folder. To correct this, periodically delete the files in the &PH& folder.
One way to do this is in DataStage Administrator, select the projects tab, click your project, then press the
Command button, enter the command CLEAR.FILE &PH&, and press the execute button.
Another way is to create a job with the command:
EXECUTE "CLEAR.FILE &PH&" on the job control tab of the job properties window. You may want to schedule this job to
run weekly, but at a point in your production cycle where it will not delete data critical to debugging a problem.
&PH& is a project level folder, so this job should be created and scheduled in each project.
Copyright 2016 Another IT Co